How mail back sharps disposal works
Mail-back sharps disposal provides a cost-effective solution for disposal of needles, syringes, and lancets; as well as other types of sharps and small quantities of medical waste. It is a safe and easy alternative to large-volume pickup services.
The system is shipped to you; where you fill, package, and mail it back to us for proper disposal.
Each of our mail back systems include
- Disposal container(s)
- USPS approved return box
- Protective bag liner
- Bar code tracking
- Destruction manifest for Regulated Medical Waste-Sharps
- Price includes return shipping by mail, destruction and manifest confirmation of destruction.
- When container is full, sharps container is placed in the pre-paid postage return box, and returned via US Mail to GRP for destruction
- No expensive transportation fees
- No service contracts
- No scheduling pickups
- Prepaid postage
- Up-front payment with no hidden fees
Our mailback sharps disposal systems have been independently tested for safety and approved by the U.S. Postal Service. Each of our systems is assigned a unique permit by the USPS allowing us to receive sharps and some medical waste through the Mail.
Upon arrival your sharps waste will be destroyed by an EPA compliant facility in accordance with all federal, state and local regulations; and a destruction manifest will be sent to you for your records.